Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Journal Entry 1

I am Scout in the journal.

Today morning, Jem and I knew a new friend, he named Charles Baker Harris, and he was older than me 1 year old, he asked Jem and me call him Dill, because his name is a little bit longer. Dill said he can read, but Jem doesn’t think it is a thing that can be proud.
Dill was from Meridian, Mississippi, was spending the summer with his aunt, Miss Rachel, and would be spending every summer in Maycomb County originally. So, I can see him every summer. His mother had entered his picture in a Beautiful Child contest, he won five dollars, and I think it is bravo! Dill used money to watched picture show twenty times, when he said that, I really want to join the Beautiful Child contest too, maybe I would win five dollars too then I can buy everything that I want. I asked him where his father was, because he didn’t say anything about his father, he told us that he hasn’t got one, I thought his father was dead, but he said no, so I am not sure if he has a father or not.
After that, we went to the tree house between chinaberry trees. When we got into the house, we played some dramas such as the works of Oliver Optic, Victor Appleton… He played the character parts formerly thrust upon me—the ape in Tarzen, Mr. Crabtree in The Rover Boys, Mr. Damon in Tom Swift. And it was really funny.
I am very excited to have a new friend today.

No comments:

Post a Comment