Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Journal Entry 3

Dill returned to Meridian in early September. I was miserable without him until it occurred to me that I would be starting to school in one week. I was very exciting of starting to school, that was my dream. I could know new friends in the school, learning their games and playing with them, I really wanted to join them.
Jem took me to school the first day, and he showed where my classroom was, I thought father might give him some money. Jem warned me, I need to leave him alone. I was upset when I heard I couldn’t play with him in the school. The first day in school is an unfavorable day. Miss Caroline Fisher, she is my teacher, a very beautiful young woman, she hauled me up to the front of the classroom and patted the palm of my hand with ruler, then made me stand in the corner until noon, the reason one was I could read, she told me to tell father not to teach me anymore, but in fact, Mr. Atticus didn’t teach me, in class, I told Miss Caroline Jem said I was. Miss Caroline thought I was lying. Then, when she taught the Dewey Decimal System, I was bored, I wrote a letter to Dill, but she caught me writing and told me to tell father to stop teaching me, that is belong to grade three, I am just grade one. Miss Caroline blamed me again, I felt really unhappy. The last reason is I was told Miss Caroline do not shame Walter anymore that she gave Walter a quarter to buy lunch, but Walter refused her, because Walter’s home was poor, they couldn’t pay Miss Caroline a quarter ever. Miss Caroline thought I made troubles, and then she patted the palm of my hand with ruler. But the lucky thing is I saved by the bell that I stood in the corner for short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment