Sunday, January 16, 2011

Journal Entry 4

I caught Walter in schoolyard, rubbed his nose in the dirt, it gave me some pleasure, because of him, Miss Caroline patted the palm of my hand, he made me start off on the wrong foot. But Jem invited him have a lunch in our home. Calpurnia set an extra plate to Walter, Walter piled food on his plate, he and dad talked like two men, I was wondering what exactly they talked about.
After a moment, Walter asked if there was any molasses in house, Calpurnia gave him the syrup, Walter poured syrup on his vegetables and meat with a generous hand. I think he must forgot he was a Cunningham! How could he can be that much impolite? I protested dad shook his head at me again when I said Walter had poured syrup all over. Then Calpurnia requested my presence in the kitchen. She told me don’t matter who they are, they are company who are in the house, she told me don’t let her catch I remarking on their ways like I was so high and mighty, I was just might be better than Cunninghams, but I can’t put Walter to shame in this way. I was so angry with Calpurnia said that. I will let dad fire Calpurnia!

No comments:

Post a Comment