Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Journal Entry 8

After Jem’s pants still left on the Boo Radley’s wire netting, we could not have slept much anyway. Every night, I could hear sounds of Boo’s footsteps around my window outside, and every passing Negro laughing in the night was Boo Radley loose and after us, the insects splashing against the screen were Boo Radley snapped the wire to pieces. I was lulled in and out of awareness, until I heard Jem murmured.
He wanted to go outside for getting his pants, but I was afraid of what was Miss stephanie said, she said Mr. Nathan had the other barrel waiting for the next sound he heard, be it nigger, dog… Although Jem had always pushing me around, but I love him very much, I wouldn’t let him go, I didn’t want to! But it was no use, I opened back door, I saw Jem crept down the steps, the night was really dark, it must had been 2 o’clock. I was looking Jem’s back until he disappeared in the coming morning.
I was very worried about him, I was scared about Mr. Radley’s shotgun, and when I heard dad’s cough, I held my breath. I was scared of dad turned the lights on and checked on us. Luckily, dad didn’t turn the lights on, I breathed again.
When Jem came back, I rested my heart. Until he lay down, I didn’t hear him stir again. Finally I fell into a sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment